What is Anger?
Where does Anger come from?
Different Kinds of Anger
What do I meant by "Extra-Charge"?
Can Anger harm you?
Therapeutic Methods to RELEASE your Anger
(Please scroll down to find the topic you are interested in.)
What is Anger?
Anger is a Universal emotion that all humans have and express in one way or another. Some of us are explosive when expressing our anger and some of us "stuff" our anger, and convince ourselves that we don't have anger, that we are not an angry person because somewhere along the way in our families, our religious upbringing or society as a whole has engrained in us that to be angry is bad and we are therefore bad people if we are angry. For these people anger gets buried and, because our emotions have to be expressed in some way, it come out in other, more "disguised" ways which we talk about later, under "Different Kinds of Anger".
Where does Anger come from?
This following explanation of anger was delivered by Tom Altaffer of the Ask and Receive method::
"People who feel anger or have a lot of anger or occasionally have angry, impulsive responses, often feel that they have a problem with emotional control or that they are too sensitive emotionally. What I’ve found, after seeing hundreds of clients with anger issues, is that the problem is almost never because of someone being too emotional or that the person has no emotional control. Generally, it’s quite the reverse.
The individual who experiences angry, emotional outbursts is generally trying to control these outbursts most of the time. The issue that they have in their life is not that they are too angry, too emotional but they are not emotional enough. The result of not being emotional enough is that they don’t set limits (boundaries) that need to be set or they don’t express themselves in effective ways prior to becoming angry.
Very often there is also the presence of trauma and beliefs that get in the way of their control and they find themselves collapsing back into the emotional responses of childhood or from some other traumatic or abusive learning in their past.
This past traumatic learning taught you how to deal with or not deal with anger directly from your experiences or experiences that derived from your environment. In other words, how your parents behaved and/or how people in your environment behaved as ways of understanding the world around you. Very often, anger issues go back to very early childhood learning where there was an over-focus on emotional control."
Different Kinds of Anger
Passive Aggressive -
Because it is a part of being human to have anger as one of our common, Universal emotions, it is important to not only acknowledge that we have anger, but, also to figure out how to best express so we can be heard. Just because we suppress our anger and become more passive in the world doesn't mean we are not angry people and are expressing ourselves appropriately. Those who suppress their anger are just "stuffing" it and not getting their needs fully met.
Do you want to manage your anger
for the rest of your life or do you
want to let go of your excess anger?
Release your "extra-charge"
Once and for All!!!
The current established methods of treatment for anger and rage focus on managing one's anger, be it by medication or various Anger Management programs. I have to give credit where credit is due so I have to say that society has been doing the best they could with what it knew at the time. And, it must be said that someof these techniques can be very useful depending on the client using the techniques.
However, times are always changing, and now someone who has a problem with his/her anger or rage has some real powerful methods of treatment where they can let go of their excess anger and rage. Once and for All!!!!
Do you recognize your anger issues?
Complete this questionnaire to see where you rank with your anger.
Please answer the following questions true or false.
1. I don’t show my anger about everything that makes me mad, but when I do – look out. True □ False □
2. I still get angry when I think of the bad things people did to me in the past. True □ False □
3. Waiting in line, or waiting for other people, really annoys me. True □ False □
4. I fly off the handle easily. True □ False □
5. I often find myself having heated arguments with the people who are closest to me. True □ False □
6. I sometimes lie awake at night and think about the things that upset me during the day. True □ False □
7. When someone says or does something that upsets me, I don’t usually say anything at the time, but later spend a
lot of time thinking up cutting replies I could and should have made. True □ False □
8. I find it very hard to forgive someone who has done me wrong. True □ False □
9. I get angry with myself when I lost control of my emotions. True □ False □
10. People really irritate me when they don’t behave the way they should, or when they act like they don’t have the
good sense of a head of lettuce. True □ False □
11. If I get really upset about something, I have a tendency to feel sick later, either with a weak spell, headache,
upset stomach, or diarrhea. True □ False □
12. People I've trusted have often let me down, leaving me feeling angry or betrayed. True □ False □
13. When things don’t go my way, I get depressed. True □ False □
14. I am apt to take frustration so badly that I cannot put it out of my mind. True □ False □
15. I've been so angry at times I couldn't remember things I said or did. True □ False □
16. After arguing with someone, I hate myself. True □ False □
17. I've had trouble on the job because of my temper. True □ False □
18. When riled up, I often blurt out things I later regret saying. True □ False □
19. Some people are afraid of my bad temper. True □ False □
20. When I get angry or hurt, I comfort myself by eating or using alcohol or other drugs. True □ False □
21. When someone hurts or frustrates me, I want to get even. True □ False □
22. I've gotten so angry that I've become physically violent, hitting people or breaking things. True □ False □
23. At times, I've felt angry enough to kill. True □ False □
24. Sometimes I feel so hurt and alone I feel like committing suicide. True □ False □
25. I’m a really angry person, and I know I need help learning to control my temper and angry feelings because it
has already caused me a lot of problems. True □ False □
If you answered true to ten or more of these statements, you are seriously prone to anger problems. It's time for a change. If you answered true to five questions, you are about average in your angry feelings, but learning some anger management techniques can make you a happier person.
If you answered true to even one of the last four questions, then your anger has reached a danger level! Perhaps we can help you get your anger under control before it takes your life out of control.
I Will Help You
Let Go of Your
“Extra-Charge” of Anger with
the therapeutic methods I use
ONCE AND FOR ALL!
The therapeutic methods I use
to help you let go of your anger or rage
are so progressive and so cutting-edge
that most people don't know they exist.
E.M.D.R. (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing),
E.F.T. (Emotional Freedom Techniques)
W.H.E.E. (Wholistic Hybrid of E.M.D.R. and E.F.T.)
Ask and Receive
Vortex Healing energy
(Go to the Therapies I work with for more information on these therapies)
So, how do I know that these methods take your excess anger away Once and for All? Because I used to be a "rageaholic". As a result of the trauma from my childhood, I didn't like myself very much. As a matter of fact, I hated myself because of thosethings that had been reflected back to me when I was younger. That trauma was the reason why I projected my anger at myself out onto the world. I was in talk therapy for ten out of fifteen years of my early adult life. Even though I did get some things out of this experience, I walked out of talk therapy with as much rage and as much anxiety as I did when I walked into therapy. Talk therapy does not release rage and high anxiety, it just helps to manage it and relieve it at times.
GIVE ME A CALL!
I CAN HELP YOU
TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE!
ANGER RELEASE vs. ANGER MANAGEMENT
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.
I WILL HELP